Boston — A Virgin Atlantic airplane made an emergency touchdown at Logan Worldwide Airport after a passenger seat caught hearth in mid-flight Thursday evening, CBS Boston reviews. The airplane was flying from John F. Kennedy Airport in New York to Heathrow Airport in London.
Massachusetts State Police mentioned a battery pack for a cellphone charger stuffed between the seats might have been responsible. The fireplace was rapidly put out by the crew.
The Boston Fireplace Division was known as to verify the airplane at about 9 p.m.
The firefighters had been loaded on earlier than we may get off,” mentioned passenger Cory Tanner instructed CBS Boston. “Folks had been undoubtedly nervous simply because we did not know what it was.”
No severe accidents had been reported, however one passenger did refuse remedy for a smoke-related grievance.
All 217 passengers had been evacuated from the airplane. They had been to be rebooked on later flights.
The Related Press reviews it was the second uncommon touchdown at Logan Thursday. Within the first, an American Airways flight out of Chicago declared an emergency when a cockpit mild indicated a attainable mechanical downside because it neared Boston. The airplane landed with out incident.