[ad_1]

A Pennsylvania mom was charged Friday after police found her daughter died after ingesting a drink tainted with fentanyl in a sippy cup.

Jhenea Pratt, 23, was arrested and charged with murder and engendering the welfare of a kid following the dying of her daughter, Charlette Napper-Talley, Pittsburgh Submit-Gazette reported. Cops found the 17-month-old woman was discovered not inhaling April at Pratt’s residence in Pittsburgh’s East Hills neighborhood.

A pink sippy cup with a crimson liquid was found on the toddler’s mattress.

READ  Elementary college students design crosswalk to encourage drivers to decelerate

The kid was taken to the hospital the place she later died.

Authorities performed exams and located fentanyl was in Charlette’s blood and on the sippy cup. On Friday, her dying was dominated a murder on account of fentanyl poisoning.

Within the months main as much as Friday’s arrest, investigators found Pratt and her boyfriend, Albert Williams, have been in command of watching the woman the day she died, the report acknowledged, citing courtroom paperwork. Williams stated he had given the woman fish sticks and a drink in her sippy cup earlier within the day earlier than they went to select up Pratt in school and returned residence. Williams left shortly after to select up marijuana for Pratt.

READ  Demise row inmate says new DNA take a look at will exonerate him

The toddler appeared positive till Pratt gave her a drink within the sippy cup and put her down in mattress. The 23-year-old stated she smoked marijuana earlier than checking on her daughter an hour later and discovering her unresponsive.  

Investigators stated Pratt had given the kid the fentanyl-laced drink regardless of Williams giving her the sippy cup earlier than midday. If Charlette’s drink had the drug in it when Williams gave it to her, the woman “would have died very shortly after ingesting [fentanyl],” based on the report.

READ  'Trump Child' balloon takes flight in London protests

“Jhenea Pratt was the one individual current throughout the afternoon hours that was with Charlette,” the affidavit stated.

Pratt additionally informed authorities that her daughter could have died after ingesting a fruit-flavored drink that “tasted humorous to her.”

The couple denied utilizing, transporting or storing heroin or fentanyl.

Katherine Lam is a breaking and trending information digital producer for Fox Information. Comply with her on Twitter at @bykatherinelam



[ad_2]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here